We’ve curated and hand-picked the top 10 best clarifying shampoos for you.
To help you with one simple thing:
Remove all the toxins and impurities that are giving your hair a hard time.
Because sometimes, it’s not all about what you put in your hair.
It’s about what you take off as well.
- Hard water residues (chlorine, calcium)
- Products like wax and sprays that won’t wash out
- Stubborn silicones from products that coat your hair
- Or even dead skin cells from your scalp
Believe me, a total hair and scalp detox suddenly brings everything to life.
Your hair feels:
- Full of energy
- Full of bounce
… And you’ll be surprised by how fast you can blow dry and style your hair too !
These best selling anti residue shampoos will make a big positive change to your hair care routine.
So what are you waiting for ?
Give your hair a fresh start today. Pick one of these best-selling clarifying shampoos to get started:
Table Of Contents
- Top 10 Best Clarifying Shampoo Brands (Updated 2020)
- The Deep Cleansing Shampoos That Unclog Dirt
- We All Hate Washing Our Hair Every Day !
- 1. Joico Shampoo – The New K Pak Clarifying & Chelating Formula
- 2. Kenra Clarifying Shampoo
- 3. Mixed Chicks Deep Cleansing Shampoo For Curly Hair
- 4. Ketoconazole Shampoo – Is This The Best Dandruff Shampoo ?
- 5. This Nexxus Shampoo Will Help You Pass Any Hair Related Tests
- 6. Redken Hair Cleansing Cream Shampoo
- 7. Pureology Purify Shampoo
- 8. Shea Moisture Clarifying Shampoo For Black Hair
- 9. Maple Holistics Antifungal Shampoo
- 10. Paul Mitchell Shampoo For Oily Hair
- Give Your Hair A Spring Clean Today
Top 10 Best Clarifying Shampoo Brands (Updated 2020)
The Deep Cleansing Shampoos That Unclog Dirt
Feel the deep cleansing action that unclogs every single pore on your scalp from day one.
It’s like a total reset. It energizes your hair to make it flourish again.
As a result, you get smooth, grease-free, shiny hair without any slimy residues or heaviness.
That’s right. No more of that yuk-feeling scalp or dry and crunchy looking hair.
Here are 9 good reasons why you need a deep cleanse clarifying shampoo:
- It works as a revitalizing shampoo for your dry scalp
- It deep cleanses your hair without making it limp and lifeless
- It’s an exfoliating oily scalp shampoo
- It restores your scalp and hair pH balance
- It’s a color enhancing shampoo
- It works as a pre keratin hair treatment
- You suddenly find your hair with more volume
- It prevents fungus infections and dandruff
- And it removes hard water deposits
… right from the first wash.
Let me tell you my dirty little secret …
We All Hate Washing Our Hair Every Day !
Like you, I rely a lot on dry shampoos to get by. Because washing my hair everyday is a pain is ass.
Stuff builds up in your hair. All kinds of stuff !
These stuff (dirt, grime, minerals) encourage yeast-like fungus to grow on your scalp.
If you think your regular shampoo cleans out these scalp eating bacteria … You’re wrong.
Read This: Why you need a clarifying shampoo to detox your hair »
While you may not see buildup and residues with your naked eyes …
… signs of dandruff and minor hair loss are the first symptoms you should worry about.
Because at this rate:
The only volume your hair will get close to is on your TV remote !
We all hate washing, detangling, blow drying, and straightening our hair.
It feels like never-ending on those busy mornings.
I hate to admit it:
I have become too dependent on my “shower in a can” savior too.
That’s why, I use the Joico K Pak clarifying shampoo once a week.
It keeps my hair clean, detoxed, full of volume, and I don’t have to shampoo every day.
Over time, I’ve realised that products buildup and residues are more than just embarrassing.
They cause other problems like:
- Hair takes longer style
- Blow drying takes forever
- You need a lot of heat to straighten your hair
- Wet hair is a nightmare to detangle
- And not to mention the greasy scalp!
Residues and minerals buildup are stubborn. They just don’t go away.
That’s why you need a buildup removing shampoo that can break them down and rinse them away.
Let me start with the best of the lot:
1. Joico Shampoo – The New K Pak Clarifying & Chelating Formula
The Joico K Pak clarifying shampoo removes all impurities from your hair.
It’s a combined clarifying and chelating shampoo that also neutralizes hard water minerals.
If you live in a hard water area and you don’t have a water softener or shower filter, this shampoo works like a charm. Stick to the instructions, use it once a week, your hair will be squeaky clean.
And even better …
Because it smells so ridiculously chic and fresh.
You’ll fall in love from the very first time you use it.
While most clarifying shampoos need a good moisturizer follow up …
Joico rebalances your hair’s moisture with rich amino acids, antioxidants, Vitamin E, and hydrolyzed keratin.
It has the perfect blend of ingredients to heal and hydrate damaged areas of your hair.
I wouldn’t usually use the phrase “best buy”, but this Joico shampoo definitely exceeds my expectations.
It’s so versatile that you can use it to:
- Prep your hair before coloring
- Clean your hair before a keratin treatment
- Remove chlorine from your hair after swimming
- Protect your blonde hair from turning brassy
- Make your hair easy to detangle when wet
This is a hair must-have, and it’s not outrageously expensive either !
Click below to read the glowing reviews:
2. Kenra Clarifying Shampoo
The Kenra clarifying shampoo is intense, but it does an excellent job.
It scrubs out hard water minerals, product buildup, and clears your scalp to make your hair feel light and voluminous.
Active ingredients include:
- Chelating agents
- Witch hazel
- Hydrolyzed wheat protein
Customers describe it as effective, with a nice aroma, and good value for money.
But be warned: Do not use it more than once a week. It can make your hair feel dry.
Click on the link below to read the reviews:
3. Mixed Chicks Deep Cleansing Shampoo For Curly Hair
For those with wavy, curly, and kinky hair, a shampoo with good slip is essential.
Because it helps to ease detangling and minimize hair breakage. What you need is Mixed Chicks.
Designed by curlies for the curlies.
Read the story about how Wendy Levy and Kim Etheredge the two “mixed chicks”, started this company out of the need to tame multi-cultural and hard to manage hair.
What started as a business from a little garage and door to door hustling …
… is now a world-famous brand endorsed by celebrities like Macy Gray and Halle Berry.
4. Ketoconazole Shampoo – Is This The Best Dandruff Shampoo ?
Ketoconazole is the latest breakthrough in fighting fungus and yeast infections that also cause dandruff.
Let’s not forget:
With a clean and healthy scalp:
- Your hair flourishes
- It grows faster
- You won’t have dandruff and psoriasis problems
Customers have reported unbelievable results.
Amazon.com also reports a huge demand for this product. We noticed this product take a huge jump in the Bestseller rankings on Amazon’s Beauty Category.
There must be something amazing about these Wick & Strom shampoos.
I’m adding this to my shopping basket right now.
The Nexxus Aloe Rid shampoo removes toxins from your hair.
- Residual medications
- Traces of Marijuana
Most people would use this shampoo to detox traces of Marijuana from their hair to pass a drugs test.
It is expensive compared to the other shampoos on the list.
But if you need a shampoo to help you pass any kind of hair related tests, this is the ONE.
6. Redken Hair Cleansing Cream Shampoo
The only cream shampoo among the lot, Redken works for all hair types.
It rinses out well, taking out all impurities including hard water deposits.
And it won’t leave your hair greasy.
One thing I didn’t like about this shampoo was:
The plastic like smell. It felt a bit weird. Like … condoms.
The citrus and lemongrass scents just didn’t hit me at all.
7. Pureology Purify Shampoo
Are you a slave to hair color addictions ?
Then you’ll be glad to know that Pureology’s sulfate-free clarifying formula prevents color oxidation.
Pureology Purify has:
- NO Sulfates
- NO Salts
- NO harsh chemicals that damage hair color
With a delicate blend of:
- Tea ree oil
- Witch hazel
- And sugar triple chelators …
… it detoxifies, disinfects, and rejuveates your hair.
8. Shea Moisture Clarifying Shampoo For Black Hair
This highly effective shampoo uses Black African Soap to cleanse and exfoliate your scalp.
It also plays well with African American hair.
African Black Soap also known as Anago soap or Dudu-Osun has long been used to treat skin conditions like eczema, dark spots, and blemishes.
Read: How African Black Clarifying Soap is made in West Africa »
Shea Moisture brings these amazing healing properties to their latest shampoo.
9. Maple Holistics Antifungal Shampoo
The Maple Holistics Anti-Fungal and Anti-Bacterial shampoo is an Amazon Best Seller.
We were impressed with a few things:
- It’s a good sulfate free shampoo for fine hair
- It contains a lot of botanical ingredients
- It gets rid of flakes
- It soothes itchy scalp right away
- It’s labeled as hypoallergenic also (for those with allergies)
While we were not able to test the claims about promoting hair growth …
We know one thing:
A clean and healthy scalp will definitely make your hair grow faster and better.
So check out the reviews that makes this shampoo a Best Seller:
10. Paul Mitchell Shampoo For Oily Hair
The clarifying Paul Mitchell shampoo does a really good job to regulate oil production on your scalp.
I recommend this shampoo for those who suffer from excessive greasiness and oily scalp.
And it’s far more decadent than the price would have you believe.
Give Your Hair A Spring Clean Today
So there you have it.
The top 10 best clarifying shampoos tested and reviewed by our team.
Pick yours and see the difference it makes to your hair.