What Does a Keratin Treatment Do to Curly Hair?
By Kassidy Ward
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, we may earn from qualifying purchases.
Here’s exactly what a keratin treatment does to curly hair:
- It makes your curls smooth
- It fixes porosity problems
- It improves curl texture
- Your brush glides through without tangles
- You get more defined curls
- And it doesn’t make your hair straight
Contrary to what most people think, a keratin treatment does not straighten or loosen your curls.
The trick is to choose a smoothing treatment rather than the traditional off-the-shelf or straightening solution from your hair salon.
Fair enough, if you’re bored of curly hair and want to change to straight, then a keratin straightening treatment will be just fine.
But for those who want to enhance their curls, I highly recommend the smoothing range.
Why Choose a Keratin Smoothing Treatment For Curls?
Unlike straightening treatments that change the structure of the hair to realign them straight, a smoothing treatment does not break the disulfide bonds of curly hair.
Instead, the treatment repairs high porosity and reinforces the disulfide bonds to make your curls smooth and easier to manage.
Aside from making your curls pop, here are the other benefits of a smoothing treatment:
- It removes and prevents frizz
- It adds smoothness to your layers
- It prevents color fade
- It makes your hair color more vibrant
- It makes your curls easy to detangle
- It improves curly hair texture
- It strengthens the s-bonds
- It makes your hair shiny
- It saves you a lot of time when styling
And here’s one product I personally vouch for …
Table Of Contents
The Best Keratin Treatment for Curly Hair?
I highly recommend this:
Here’s why …
Formaldehyde is a dangerous toxic chemical often used in traditional hair treatments like relaxers to break the bonds at an elevated pH level.
But ever since the U.S. Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) issued a Hazard Alert to hair salon owners and customers about its dangers from exposure, more hair cosmetic brands have started to look for healthier alternatives.
Inoar Cosmetics is one of the first companies to adopt a Formaldehyde-free product range.
And as a result:
- No toxic smell
- No skin and scalp irritations
- And no risk of cancer
It Makes Your Curls Supple and Elastic
Calling upon Hydrolyzed proteins, the smoothing treatment works from the very core of your curly hair to fortify the structure and to save your hair from disintegrating.
Curly hair needs to be strong from the inner structure because of its twists and bends that make it vulnerable to breakage.
How To Do a Keratin Treatment For Curly Hair
Step 1: Use a Deep Cleansing Shampoo
Like any salon treatment, a deep cleansing is essential to ensure your hair is free from product buildup, residues, and grime that can otherwise block the treatment from effectively absorbing into your hair.
And to do this, a clarifying shampoo is a must.
Here’s how you need to prep your hair:
- Gently shampoo with the Inoar Deep Cleansing Shampoo
- Massage for 5 minutes
- Rinse and repeat if necessary
- Using a blowdryer, dry your hair 80% if it is moderately curly, or 100% if it is very kinky
Step 2: Apply The Smoothing Treatment
- Mix well
- Part the hair into 4 sections and apply the product to small sections of the hair from scalp to ends
- Starting at the nape of the neck, leave ½ inch of space from the scalp area
- Let it sit for about 10 minutes
- Blow-dry hair 100%
Step 3: Flat Iron In Sections
- Divide hair into 4 parts
- Flat iron 3 to 5 times in thin sections
- Rinse thoroughly and style as desired
And that’s it.
This the best product that every girl with tendrills need. You can strut around your bountiful bouncy curls the very next day.
And best of all, it will cut your hair styling time in half !
Give Your Curls A Makeover Today
If you want a bouncing head of springy and happy curls, then a keratin smoothing treatment is a no brainer.
Not only it repairs existing damage and high porosity problems, but it also prevents your ringlets from deconstructing over time.
I know the awesomeness that comes with having a crown of curls.
Just make sure they don’t go limp and lose their bounce.
Try the Peter Coppola Smoothing treatment today and see the immediate difference!